I love quotes, I also collect them with passionate abandon.
Every week there will be a new quote and then I will transfer it here to this post for archiving:

Week ending Dec 5:
We could never learn to be brave and patient,
of there were only joy in the world.
- Helen Keller

Week ending Nov 28:
- At night, when the objective world has slunk back into its cavern and left dreamers to their own, there come inspirations and capabilities impossible at any less magical and quiet hour. No one knows whether or not he is a writer unless he has tried writing at night.
H. P. Lovecraft

Week ending Dec 19:
The world is not respectable -- it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever, but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter,and in these, the spirit blooms. ~ George Santayana

Week ending Dec 26:
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
--- Leonard Cohen

Week ending Jan 3rd:
Life does not accommodate you.

It shatters you.
It is meant to, and
it couldn't do it better.
Every seed
destroys its container,
or else there
would be no fruition.
- Florida Scott Maxwell


Week ending Jan 9:
"Live so that thou mayest desire to live again - that is thy duty - for in any case thou wilt live again!"
—Freidrich Nietzsche


Week ending Jan 29:
A key to a vital life is an eagerness to learn
and a willingness to change.

- mary anne radmacher-hershey


3 comments

  1. Sarah Hina on November 30, 2008 at 8:34 AM

    I love this quote.

    If I had my way (i.e. kids weren't going to wake me at 6:30), I'd write deep into the night. As it is, it's still a wonderful time for ideas, if not the words, to flow. Right before dropping off to sleep.

     
  2. KA Cole on December 1, 2008 at 8:18 AM

    Indeed. I must have created 5 posts for this blog last night alone (now I must get to it!). My youngest, 20 months, is sloooowly sleeping better and better. So I have hopes that soon I will be able to actually write a bit after they go to bed.

     
  3. Anonymous on December 9, 2008 at 2:20 AM

    That writer Quote is great!