I wanted to take a moment to comment on some of the wonderful blogs or sites out there. These are places that move me, inspire me, teach me, or make me laugh (sometimes, all of the above). I plan on doing a 'round up' consistently, maybe once a month (I've got a bit of a list going, so there are lots more in the queue). To keep me sane, I will comment on no more than six at a time.

I'd love to know where do you go online to fill your glass, to take a break, to learn more about your craft? Feel free to post in the comments! Here are some of my current favorites:

~ Sarah Hina. Her words are elegant, her poetry and images are enchanting; and I am certain to be carried off somewhere that is bittersweet and full of longing. Sarah's book, Plum Blossoms in Paris, has just been picked up by Medallion Press. Congrats, Sarah! I can't wait to get lost in this story...

~ Elizabeth Stark's recent post on chunky narrative is wonderful. As a fellow chunky writer I am always looking to tie things together - she offered up all kinds of worthwhile information that I will be using today.

~ Linda Sands always makes me laugh (like, big belly laughs with coffee spraying everywhere, Oh Yeah!). And she helps to feed my shoe fetish. You'll see what I mean.

~ Speaking of laughter - looking for wacky twists to inspire you? Or just want to take a break from stressing on that latest chapter and get a good laugh in? Overheard Everywhere.

~ Here is a great site for all you mama writer's out there. In fact, it's invaluable: Writer Mama Riffs. Run by Christina Katz, author of The Writer Mama: How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids and Get Known Before The Book Deal.

~ And to wrap it all up, let's end with an agent's blog: Nathan Bransford is having a first paragraph contest.

Enjoy!

Kimberely

3 comments

  1. Elizabeth Stark on December 11, 2008 at 1:44 PM

    Kimberely--Thank you for including me in your author round up! What a good idea. (I mean, the round up, though including me was a good idea, too.) I LOVE the assistant fantasy, too.--Elizabeth (not Emily, but I can barely remember my own name most of the time these days . . .)

     
  2. KA Cole on December 11, 2008 at 5:16 PM

    OH, DEAR. [red faced] My eternal apologies. I can't believe I put Emily instead of Elizabeth! (This wee hiccup in my post has since been fixed.)

    This is why it is so dangerous for me to post to my blog in the AM.

    Scurrying off...
    Kimberely

     
  3. Sarah Hina on December 12, 2008 at 5:27 PM

    Wow, thank you so much for the warm words, Kimberely. It means a lot to me that you found something valuable in my prose and poetry. I'm honored!!

    And this is a great idea to call attention to worthy sites. I'll have to check them out...

    (My personal favorite writing blog is The Clarity of Night, by Jason Evans. Great stuff.)