I haven't intended to be slacking on my shiny new blog.

But one of our family's own, our dog Maya, is in the processing of dying. She leaves behind her partner in crime, Sage - and those of us, the furless ones of the family, lucky enough to have loved her. She has blessed us, watched over us and barked incessantly at us for more than 10 years, and now her body is being ravaged by some unknown illness. In a matter of 2 weeks my sassy rolly-polly aussie became a serene and silent bag of bones.

I'd love to write something eloquent, or maybe funny and saucy (like Maya), but I'm not feeling up to it right now.

Soon enough, the words will come. Breaking hearts need to be expressed, all forms of art and craft seem to help hearts bleed when they need it most.

K

2 comments

  1. Sandra Hamlett on December 19, 2008 at 9:27 AM

    Oh Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about Maya. My thoughts are with you. I still ache for our girl, Jack who died right after we moved to this house. The kids picked out the brightest star in the sky and named it the "Jack" star. Even now, five years later they'll point up and say, "There's Jack." Give Sage lots of love and treats to help her through this. Hugs to you.

     
  2. KA Cole on December 28, 2008 at 6:11 PM

    Thanks for the kind words, Sandra. I love your star idea!

    Things are looking up - Sage had a complete breakdown the night Maya passed (he ended up in emergency at the vet and had to be sedated!), and then was ill for days but he's on the mend now.

    Whew! Looking forward to 2009!

    Kimberely