I seem to always be late to the party. This meme has spread like an LA wildfire on blogs everywhere, but with all the events in our home these last few weeks, I didn't get to it.

So I'm not sure I have anyone to tag, but I'll at least play.


Bookworm Award rules:

1) Open the closest book- not a favorite or most intellectual book- but the book closest at the moment, to page 56

2) Write out the fifth sentence, as well as two to five sentences following

3) tag five innocents [or more]


From Deepak Chopra's Life After Death: the burden of proof:
"He grew up extremely intelligent, and his parents cherished him all the more knowing the curse he was under. They intended to tell the boy his fate in time. Somehow the years passed, and they kept putting it off.

Finally the boy's sixteenth birthday arrived, and still he knew nothing. When he knelt before his father to get his blessing, the rishi said 'I want to you to stay beside me and not leave the house today.' His son was puzzled, especially when he saw the tears in his father's eyes. "

Now, my software for my book (Liquid Story Binder) does not have my book in page format, so I will open something randomly and pick the sentence to begin with:

“Yes, I'm…I'm here to see an inmate, please.”

Josephine opened her purse while she stepped up to the desk, using the moment to take a deep breath and settle her stomach. She wasn't sure if she was more nervous about being in a jail, or about the fact she was finally going to see Michael. She set the cookies she had brought on the desk, [while attempting] to give the guard a calm and confident smile. After a brief search in her purse, she handed over her [driver's license and social security card]. He looked rather grandfatherly to her - kind but serious.


This excerpt even has my correction brackets in it, which tells me to tweak or research that section. Just keepin' it real, people.

2 comments

  1. laughingwolf on December 31, 2008 at 10:01 AM

    happy new year to you and yours :D

     
  2. KA Cole on January 4, 2009 at 9:22 AM

    Hi Laughingwolf,

    Thank you, good wishes for the New Year for you as well!

    K